Saturday, June 29, 2013

Little Ladies July 4th Dresses


I know I was supposed to wait to get pictures of my models in these adorable dresses but I just couldn't wait to share them with you! 


These are two beautiful red, lace, and blue dresses that I made for my two youngest nieces for their family picture day. Since it was also close to July 4th, we (my sister and I) went with a patriotic color theme.


The lace upper bodice on this first dress was a style my sister really loved so I decided to recreate it with a bit of leftover lace I had on hand. 

Then she also mentioned that she liked color-blocked dresses so I applied that idea to the overall design as well. Adding the navy fabric to the dress also kept it from looking to Santa-ish. Nobody wants to be reminded of snow and Christmas in July, do they? =)


That lace bow is just perfect!


The double circle skirt is loose and swingy and will be so fun for my little pint-sized niece to twirl in!


This navy dress was inspired by this dress here. My sister found it on the Burlington website while window-shopping for ideas. She fell in love with it and I decided I could probably make it faster than she could find it in store. I had to pull an all-nighter to achieve that lofty goal but I did it! Hooray! =)


And the results are fantastic! The pictures are awful, I know, but the shiny navy fabric is so hard to photograph up close! But I will definitely post an update showing my little models in these adorable lady-like dresses so you can all see how beautiful they really are.


Now I probably have to pull another all-nighter to make a matching dress for my own little girl. I'm thinking lace peter pan collar and short twirly skirt? Maybe some tulle? Stay tuned to find out how her July 4th dress will turn out!

And to see these dresses on the models themselves, go HERE!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! How extraordinarily cute are these!!? Very nice work. If you get a chance, link this up to our blog hop! Our readers would L-O-V-E it!
    xoxo, Jordan

    http://www.lilywhite-designs.com/2013/06/frugal-crafty-home-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and adorable these dresses are, wow! My grandgirls have outfits that are terrific for the Fourth too! Thanks for sharing hon. Happy Fourth weekend ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! Happy 4th of July to you as well!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous dresses! You're so talented! I love the Peter Pan collar and the white lace! I'm pinning these beautiful dresses to my patriotic pins board! Fabulous work!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by again! I'm glad you liked them!

      Delete
  4. Very sweet dress. So simple but they will look fabulous! I'm loving the lace.

    Get Your Crap Together
    Pattern Party starts the 1st of each month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dresses!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the lace peeking out at the bottom! Thanks for linking up at Give Me the Goods Monday! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete

Like this post? Leave a comment or check the sidebar for ways to connect with me - I'd love to hear what you think!